Maintenance Technician (HVAC)
We are growing and adding to our Maintenance team. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and approximately 1 day/week on-call. Requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance or manufacturing environment
- HVAC troubleshooting and knowledge of boiler, chiller and cooling tower operations, including water treatment systems
- Fabricating and installation proficiency of the following required: small bore tubing, stainless steel and copper systems, silver solder copper refrigerant piping and coil systems, sheet metal supply, return and exhaust systems, dampers, grilles and diffusers
- VFD troubleshooting and light programming required
- Must be able to read and understand schematics, blueprints, equipment O&M manuals, P&ID drawings, sketches and specifications
- Knowledge of valves, steam traps and regulators, PRVs, rupture disk replacement, pressure and leak testing of systems
- Experience performing general and preventive maintenance is required
- Have currently or the ability to obtain a State refrigerant license
- High school diploma or GED is required. Some college coursework is helpful, but not necessary
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- PLC troubleshooting and light programming is helpful.
The EH&S Technician will be mainly focused on Safety and Health, but the position does provide support in environmental, including weekend/holiday responsibilities (rotating).
- Inspects fire extinguishers, SCBAs, backup air bottles, cascade air systems, AEDs, emergency lights, fall protection equipment and safety showers.
- Maintains safety trailer supplies, PPE, first aid supplies, spill response kits and housekeeping.
- Conducts frequent safety and health training in classroom and one-on-one.
- Calibrates and uses industrial hygiene equipment.
- Conducts maintenance/airflow checks on fume hoods and LEVs.
- Maintains SDS system.
Qualifications include: High School diploma or GED at a minimum. Safety or environmental degree preferred. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must be detailed oriented. Demonstrated ability to deliver health and safety training in groups. Ability to lead and direct teams and committees. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Research Chemist (BS or MS)
We are looking for two Chemists to join our R&D teams in Mead, CO and Longmont, CO (1 position in each location). The ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Chemistry and a minimum of 2 years of experience in synthetic chemistry.
Under the direction of a scientist, the chemist will perform multi-step synthesis of organic and organametallic compounds in 100 ml to 12 L scale; acquire and interpret analytical data from NMR, GC, HPLC and wet chemistry methods; develop accurate and detailed observations leading to informative data and innovative ideas; summarize results, write reports and effectively present information; contribute to a collaborative work environment. We will consider applicants who have the following qualifications: a BS or MS in Chemistry, solid understanding of organic synthesis, minimum of two years of hands-on synthetic experience, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant industrial experience.
Senior Process Design Engineer (Chemical Engineer)
We are seeking a qualified Senior Process Design Engineer to provide engineering and technical assistance to support Production, R&D, and Pilot Plant operations. Responsibilities include the design of new manufacturing lines and facilities, the development and implementation of ideas for reducing manufacturing costs, increasing capacity and improving product quality; troubleshooting processes and systems for continual improvement; defines and oversees execution of projects from initial scope to completion; develops engineering standards and guidelines for the engineering group; and assists in the maintenance of the operating equipment, utilities and plant.
Qualifications include a minimum of a Bachelor degree in chemical engineering with at least 7-10 years of experience with batch operations in specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical manufacturing or similar industry. Plant operations experience strongly preferred. Must have exceptional mechanical reasoning skills, having working knowledge of AutoCAD and be highly familiar with batch process typical of the specialty chemical industry. Must have competency in the following areas: thermodynamics, principles of distillation, process control, organic and inorganic chemistry, mass transfer, materials of construction, utilities and equipment specification, Process Safety Management and ASME, API, IBC, IFC, NFPA and other code requirements.
Chemical Operators – Pilot Plant – 2nd Shift, Monday-Friday
Schedule is Monday-Friday, 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm, $22.00/hr plus 75 cent shift differential for 2nd shift.
Requirements include: High school diploma or GED; good mathematical and English reading and writing skills; ability to follow detailed instructions and strong mechanical aptitude. Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and move/pivot 75+ pounds frequently and be comfortable working in variable weather conditions at times. Industrial experience helpful but not required.
Chemical Operators – Production – check back for hiring in June or July
We are growing and currently looking for great people to join our team as a Chemical Production Operator. Our Chemical Production Operators work 12 hour shifts in our production plant (schedule includes every other weekend and holidays); shifts rotate between days and nights every 12 weeks. Pay is $22 per hour with $2 per hour night shift differential. Potential pay increases after 1 year, department promotional opportunities and annual increases dependent upon performance. Paid training will be Monday-Friday on days (8 hours/day) for the first 3 weeks.
Requirements include: High school diploma or GED; good mathematical and English reading and writing skills; ability to follow detailed instruction and strong mechanical aptitude. Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and move/pivot 75+ pounds frequently and be comfortable working in variable weather conditions. Industrial experience helpful but not required.
For all of these positions, Boulder Scientific offers a comprehensive benefits package including affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance; company paid life and disability insurance; paid time off, five percent (5%) 401(k) matching, and college scholarships for employees’ children. Quarterly and annual bonus potential.
We are committed to a safe, healthy and productive work environment for all employees. All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana testing) and all employees are subject to random drug testing throughout their careers at BSC.
These positions are open to all candidates eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship of visas or permanent residency applications is not provided by the company.
Boulder Scientific Company participates in E-Verify
Boulder Scientific Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Federal Posters Employee Rights and Responsibilities
SUBMIT A RESUME
For consideration for posted positions, submit a resume, along with cover letter, to:
Boulder Scientific Company
598 Third Street
P.O. Box 548
Mead, CO 80542
or by email to: email@example.com
PO Box 548
Mead, Colorado 80542 USA
PO Box 548
Mead, Colorado 80542 USA